We have had a really good week, this week we had our first parent's open afternoon which was a great success. We enjoyed making some Christmas crafts with our families. This week we have:
- Made some Christmas cards
- Created some Christmas decorations
- Made reindeer food
- Made Christmas bags
It has been a great week! Well Done Andersen Class!
Dexter mark making!
Our Curriculum Day
Today, Andersen Class celebrated their first Curriculum day and we based the day on the story of 'The Snow Queen.' We all dressed in blue to represent ice and we did lots of activities based on 'The Snow Queen.' So we:
- Made our very own snow
- Splatted shaving foam to make a melted snowman
- Experienced a snow storm
- In Sensology we tasted hot chocolate, and felt ice.
- Stacked ice cubes to make an ice castle.
- Created some fantastic icicles using glue and glitter
- Explored filling and emptying using snow
- Explored friction using ice cubes
The children have had a really good day and the snow machine was a huge success! Well Done Andersen class! I am so proud of you!!
Let it snow!!
Our Curriculum Day!
Splatting a snowman!
Henry creating a xmas tree!
Thomas doing some great talking!
Freya is dancing in the snow!
Dexter is dancing in the snow!
This week we have been really busy learning new Nursery Rhymes, we have had so much fun. We have:
- Made twinkle twinkle little stars out of shortbread
- Explored a large shaving foam cake
- Exploded fizzing stars
- Sung lots of Nursery Rhymes
- Climbed and jumped in PE
- Enjoyed Musical Bumps
- Explored Musical instruments
- Explored our different senses
Next week we will be starting our Christmas activities!!!
Thomas doing some great talking!
Thomas doing some great fine motor work!
Freya-Mae and Henry enjoying the puddle!
Joey enjoying our scarf dance!
Louie Self Regulating!
This week we have celebrated National Nursery Rhyme week. We have sung lots of Nursery Rhymes and we have completed lots of Art linked to the Nursery Rhymes. Thiis week we have:
- Created sheep
- Made a scene from 5 Little Ducks
- Made Humpty Dumpty in cooking
- Made different marks in mark making
- Made constructions using blocks
- Made Humpty Dumpty's wall using our foam bricks.
- We have splashed in the mud
It has been a super fun week! Well Done Andersen Class!
Emilia splashing in the puddle!
Joey doing some amazing talking!
We love mud!!
I cannot believe we have completed another week in Andersen Class. This we have been learning about Poppy Day and what poppy day means the children have completed lots of different activities based on this. We have:
- Made poppy biscuits
- Painted rice red to represent the red poppy
- Painted a poppy using our hands
- Explored the different coloured poppies
- Explored a story about poppy Day
- Watched a video about poppy day
We have also enjoyed our Music and PE sessions. Well Done Andersen for a great second week!
Learning our body parts!
Freya enjoying swinging!
Freya enjoying the Sensory Intergration Room!
Freya playing in the mud kitchen!
Week 1 - Term 2 - What a week!
This week we have celebrated Halloween and Bonfire night. We have been so, so busy celebrating these festivals. So we have:
Enjoyed dressing up Halloween style and to celebrate Halloween we took part in many different activities we explored:
- Colourful spider spaghetti
- Melted ice to free the spiders
- Painted a pumpkin
- Explored the inside of a pumpkin
- Danced to Halloween songs.
And to celebrate Bonfire night we have:
- Made chocolate sparklers
- Painted firework pictures
- Used stickers to make a firework display
- Explored powder paint to explore the colours of fireworks
- Made firework pictures in icing sugar
- Explored firework songs
- Painted rice to represent the colours of fireworks
We have also been working on our ILP targets, Well Done Andersen for all your hard work! I am so proud of you all!